DISPLAYING SEISMIC RAW DATA ON UBUNTU LINUX FOR PROCESSING USING SEISMIC UNIX SOFTWARE

Anything about geophysics and geoscience: jobs, events, technical or general discussions ...
Molaodi

DISPLAYING SEISMIC RAW DATA ON UBUNTU LINUX FOR PROCESSING USING SEISMIC UNIX SOFTWARE

Post by Molaodi »

snapshot taken from laptop
snapshot taken from laptop
hello, i experiencing a problem with displaying raw data in seismic unix linux. The data is some in SU format while other is in .DAT but of course i wanted to load display the one in SU format. i created a directory and loaded the data on it. Checking the directory it shows that the file are there, trying to view the SU files it indicates there is no such files found (contradicting with what it said above). Here is a snapshot to see what i'am trying to explain:(attached below)
I am using ubuntu linux version 14.04 on a 64bits laptop. The data was collected using SEISTRONICS instrument, which records data as SEG2x. the funny part is it displays it as .DAT, of which some other sources tell that its still SEG2x. Anyone who can assist with how to overcome this obstacle?
I attached the data I am using, incase you want to try it yourself.

geophix
VIP Member
VIP Member
Top poster of the Month

Re: DISPLAYING SEISMIC RAW DATA ON UBUNTU LINUX FOR PROCESSING USING SEISMIC UNIX SOFTWARE

Post by geophix »

What will happen if you just use the "ls" command? You don't see any files?

Molaodi

Re: DISPLAYING SEISMIC RAW DATA ON UBUNTU LINUX FOR PROCESSING USING SEISMIC UNIX SOFTWARE

Post by Molaodi »

using the "ls" gives the same results as "ls PROJECT"...
Thank you for the response @geophix

geophix
VIP Member
VIP Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by geophix »

It looks like you are not familiar with Unix operation system. You need to CD into the Project folder first to do "ls" so you can see the files in Project folder.

Molaodi

Post by Molaodi »

Yes I am not familiar with, I am actually starting to use it. Let me try what you are saying and see how it respond.
Thank you once more for your response @geophix