Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) CODE

Anything about geophysics and geoscience: jobs, events, technical or general discussions ...
inteli

Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) CODE

Post by inteli »

Hi,

Please does anyone have a code for executing PSO for potential fields (Magnetics and Gravity)?
I would be grateful if you could share with me, Fortran or Matlab.
Thank you in advance.

Inteli.

GuyM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) CODE

Post by GuyM »

Well, no, but you might want to consider making the leap to Python at some stage.
A quick google shows a bit more activity on PSO in terms of open libraries in that community.

More or less anything we looked for we found very quickly in Python. Even stuff like single-click outputs of Powerpoint files from multiple image displays, or EXCEL import.export. It became like using Lego.

inteli

Post by inteli »

GuyM wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:04 pm
Well, no, but you might want to consider making the leap to Python at some stage.
A quick google shows a bit more activity on PSO in terms of open libraries in that community.

More or less anything we looked for we found very quickly in Python. Even stuff like single-click outputs of Powerpoint files from multiple image displays, or EXCEL import.export. It became like using Lego.
Please do you have the Python code for it?

GuyM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by GuyM »

Ah - you misunderstand, I just found this library :

https://pyswarms.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

and this thread on research gate:

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Is_it ... _on_Python

My observation was that we tended to find better maintained, open source libraries in python for anything we look for where it was always a mission with FORTRAN and MatLab libraries. We displaced FORTRAN entirely from our development stack, and MatLab became an early-stage thing. Plus, you know, MatLab gets kind of pricey and so limits portability of the work....

The other breakthrough was adopting HDF5 for a data format/container/standard, as that was interoperable with Python and Matlab.....