Entertaining Geophysics 3. Tectonic plate as a pole for high jump

Anything about geophysics and geoscience: jobs, events, technical or general discussions ...
Quark Scan Inc.
serguei58
Gold Member
Gold Member

Entertaining Geophysics 3. Tectonic plate as a pole for high jump

Post by serguei58 »

Entertaining Geophysics 3. Study of seismic events as fortune-telling on coffee grounds. Tectonic plate as a pole for high jump

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3857324

According to Mr. Reid, tectonic plates can act as a pole for high jumps. Will you believe it ????
Quark Scan Inc. - underground utility locating and geophysical survey services in NJ NY and PA
serguei58
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Entertaining Geophysics 3. Tectonic plate as a pole for high jump

Post by serguei58 »

I carefully recalculated the ratio of the thickness of the Pacific tectonic plate to its length and got a figure of 1: 400. What do you think, dear colleagues, it is possible to compress a sheet of any material with its length of 400 cm and a thickness of 1 cm. Of course not. It will bend even under its own weight. So Mr. Reid's theory of Elastic Recoil is nothing more than delusion?
TyraNoah

Post by TyraNoah »

I'm not really a professor in this but I have interest. I agree so much with you pal!
serguei58
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by serguei58 »

TyraNoah wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:09 am I'm not really a professor in this but I have interest. I agree so much with you pal!
Thanks.