Looking for a Geophysicist

Anything about geophysics and geoscience: jobs, events, technical or general discussions ...
Quark Scan Inc.
SGLMIKE

Looking for a Geophysicist

Post by SGLMIKE »

About the Business (www.southerngeophysical.com)
We are a Christchurch based, NZ employee-owned company which is a leading provider of geophysical solutions for a range of environmental, engineering, and exploration projects. We are on the lookout for a full-time geophysicist to join our team.
We work all over NZ undertaking geophysical surveys using a wide variety of techniques for projects ranging from urban developments to remote, off-grid mountainous terrain. This position would suit a physically fit candidate who enjoys working in all-weather conditions. In our time off, we are mostly outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy mountain biking, tramping, and skiing. We are looking for someone who would fit in well with the team.
For more information about what we do and who we are, please check out out our website: www.southerngeophysical.com
About the Role
Your main tasks will include using geophysical equipment to conduct non-invasive subsurface surveys as well as processing data and writing reports for clients. Your time will be divided between field and office work and will vary according to the projects we have running week by week.
Hours
This is a full-time position. The starting hourly rate offered is dependent on experience.
Benefits
Benefits include the following:
- Employee-owned business with share options
- Environmental conscious and carbon neutral company
- Flexible/hybrid work culture
- Flexitime hours
- Company cell phone
Skills and Experience
The qualities we are looking for in an employee are reliability, good initiative, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
The candidate will need to have the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geophysics or equivalent experience in geophysical techniques
- At least one year of experience in data acquisition and processing
- Available to travel for work up to 1 week at a time
- Hold a valid full driver's licence
- Fluent technical English written and spoken
Preference will be given to applicants who have the following
- Knowledge and experience with Ground Penetrating Radar, Seismic Reflection and Refraction, MASW, ERT/IP and/or EM surveying techniques and data analysis
- Experience with geospatial processing software such as ArcGIS, Surfer, AutoCAD or similar
- Physically fit and able to lift and carry geophysical equipment
- Willing to have flexible hours with occasional night shifts, weekend work and able to travel away for up to one week at a time, as well as some international travel
- Positive personality that approaches challenges with a can-do attitude
- Detail-orientated and self-motivated worker
- Excellent organisational skills
Email info@southerngeophysical.com or go to the website for more information about the company.
Quark Scan Inc. - underground utility locating and geophysical survey services in NJ NY and PA
earthluva

Re: Looking for a Geophysicist

Post by earthluva »

Am interested in this opportunity.

I have sent my cv to info@southerngeophysical.com.
SGLMIKE

Re: Looking for a Geophysicist

Post by SGLMIKE »

Hello , not sure who you are Earthluva ? If you give me your name I can take a look at your CV, or send directly to me at mike@southerngeophysical.com