Seismology in the Light of Fundamental Sciences

Anything about geophysics and geoscience: jobs, events, technical or general discussions ...
Quark Scan Inc.
serguei58
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seismology in the Light of Fundamental Sciences

Post by serguei58 »

My article in the Open Journal of Earthquake Research - "Seismology in the Light of Fundamental Science" says that non-compliance with the laws of physics puts the study of earthquakes in the category of fortune-telling on the coffee grounds of life. Plus, my answers to the questions of the origin of seismic events.

https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinfo ... rid=131534

Буду рад вашим замечаниям, советам, предложениям
Quark Scan Inc. - underground utility locating and geophysical survey services in NJ NY and PA
serguei58
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Seismology in the Light of Fundamental Sciences

Post by serguei58 »

Seismologists are still trying to invent a perpetual motion machine, as if they don't understand that this is not possible.
serguei58
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by serguei58 »

I get a lot of feedback on this article, someone scolds me, someone praises me. But here, on this page, everyone is silent. And for a scientist, the attitude of readers towards his work is important. The attitude is stimulating.
Michael_Seman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Michael_Seman »

Never heard of OJER. Looking it up, impact factor is only 0.81
serguei58
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by serguei58 »

Michael_Seman wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:33 am Never heard of OJER. Looking it up, impact factor is only 0.81
Yes, this is a new magazine and naturally its impact factor is still low. But everyone started somewhere.The point here is different, all reputable magazines are afraid to print articles where there is at least a drop of criticism of the existing situation in science, in particular in geophysics. Editors of such journals care little about scientific TRUTH, they care about the financial side of the journal and themselves, because the criticized positions of reputable scientists can cause a wave of discontent and these authorities can easily, if not cover up the journal, then easily harm financially. The cowardice of editors of scientific journals slows down the development of science no less than in the Middle Ages science was slowed down by the holy Inquisition.
serguei58
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by serguei58 »

The article is quite sharp and there are no concessions for the authorities and titans of geophysics. I wonder how this magazine dared to publish it. Well done, they weren't scared.
serguei58
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by serguei58 »

Nobel Prize-winning physicist Peter Higgs has died. This was reported at the University of Edinburgh, where the professor worked.