Sub bottom profiler

Geophysical applications on environmental investigation, mineral prospecting, engineering, archaeology, forensics, hydrology...
gmowoe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sub bottom profiler

Post by gmowoe »

They are "loose".The mechanical energy turns into heat through internal friction.

geophix
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by geophix »

You probably already know it's easier to walk on pavements instead of beaches with sands. When you step on the sands, they don't respond to the pressure with rigid counter force. Instead, they slowly absorb the energy, making seismic wave traveling difficult. The main reason is that they were not compacted very well and each individual sand can slide relatively free among others.

amit86920

Post by amit86920 »

I am not sure about Syqwest but I know people suffring with the hardware quality of Syqwest Try gathering information on GeoAcoustics SBP it is really work horse of the industry.

Gery
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Gery »

Code: Select all

I am not sure about Syqwest but I know people suffring with the hardware quality of Syqwest Try gathering information on GeoAcoustics SBP it is really work horse of the industry.
and could you post some images acquired with that device?

gmowoe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gmowoe »

Yeah, images please.

unclebens

Post by unclebens »

As with all SeaKing sensors, it is possible to integrate the Parametric Sub Bottom Profiler into the Tritech ArcNet network, which enables the data to be displayed and logged along with other SeaKing sensors on the Seanet Surface Control Unit.
Last edited by unclebens on Fri May 11, 2012 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gery
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Gery »

unclebens wrote:As with all SeaKing sensors, it is possible to integrate the Parametric Sub Bottom Profiler into the Tritech ArcNet network, which enables the data to be displayed and logged along with other SeaKing sensors on the Seanet Surface Control Unit.
really?.... and... as posted before, could you share some images? the ones above didn't share any images.

paraban

Post by paraban »

here there are some nice examples: http://www.g3eo.info/seismicreflection_examples.html

nedjai

Post by nedjai »

Dear all

I have a Stratabox (SyQwest) 10 MHz and I use it to investigate lakes' sediment. I don't know if anyone can help me to choose a software for acquisition and post processing. The sediments of my lakes are principally clay and the max depth of water don't exceed 50 meters.
Thank you

gmowoe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gmowoe »

StrataBox has its own data acquistion software. You can use Chesapeake Sonarwiz to process the data.

DELPH
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by DELPH »

Hi,

I can propose that you look at our DELPH Seismic software (delph.ixblue.com) : It can take Stratabox or any SBP / 2D Seismic data in XTF or SEGY format. It is intuitive and very fast at processing, interpreting and 2D/3D mapping data. Note that its also handles side-scan & magnetometer data, import bathymetry and other map overlays. Would you give it a try, please let me know !

Philippe

MichelMM

Post by MichelMM »

Try the subbottom system of Meridata (www.meridata.fi). They integrate different sound sources in a single system and the results are very good. I have one since 2000 and just upgraded it.
You can choose up to 4 different sound sources (chirp, side scan, boomer, sparker), in a single system and operate them simultaneously

merkez
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by merkez »

MichelMM wrote:Try the subbottom system of Meridata (http://www.meridata.fi). They integrate different sound sources in a single system and the results are very good. I have one since 2000 and just upgraded it.
You can choose up to 4 different sound sources (chirp, side scan, boomer, sparker), in a single system and operate them simultaneously
That's interesting and looks promising. Shame that I've never heard their names before. :o

Gery
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Gery »

paraban wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35 am
here there are some nice examples: http://www.g3eo.info/seismicreflection_examples.html
Here nice examples, take a look: https://g3eo.com/examples.html

Gain

Post by Gain »

Hey all, wondering if someone can help me out. I do offshore dredging and Iam wondering what kind of system could tell me how deep the hardpack is under the sand and/or cobble. Im usually in about 5 to 25 feet of water. I would like a sonar that can go 5 to 10 feet through the sand. Would the stratabox HD be good for this?

paulpraveen23

Post by paulpraveen23 »

I think a transducer with better sampling frequency and software support is better than 8 or 16 lousy transducers.
get-mobdro.com