Old 300 Mhz GSSI Antenna question

Geophysical applications on environmental investigation, mineral prospecting, engineering, archaeology, forensics, hydrology...
Prospekteur
Gold Member
Gold Member

Old 300 Mhz GSSI Antenna question

Post by Prospekteur »

I want to ask for what the coaxial cable is for, that connects the transceiver with the receiver over the "XMIT" plug.
I think ist for monostatic and bistatic mode. But what is happening if I use the antenna without the cable conncted?
How I have to use this antenna if I want to survey in monostatic mode?

The label at the cable sockets named "XMIT" (you cant see this in the images)!
Last edited by Prospekteur on Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gmradar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Old 300 Mhz GSSI Antenna question

Post by gmradar »

You have to close the circuit when you want to use it as a monostatic. Send me a picture of the top of the antenna and I will tell you how to do it.
Symetrics Geophysics and NDT
Your reliable Geo Supplier
Shop :arrow: https://www.gmradar.com/shop.html#/

Prospekteur
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Prospekteur »

Hi gmradar;-)

Here is a picture. Someone said to me now that the old 300Mhz antenna and Sir-3000 makes only sense in bistatic mode? I have used it for some tests with the cable attached to the "XMIT" sockets. The profiles didnt look bad. But can you inform me much further about bi- and monostatic. I thought bistatic is when using 2 seperated antennas (one antenna as transmitter and one antenna as receiver) and monostatic is transmit and receiver in one housing like the GSSI 400Mhz antenna.
Attachments
IMG_9347.JPG
IMG_9345.JPG

Prospekteur
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Prospekteur »

Here is an information I get from someone else:

An old 300 MHz antenna from GSSI can only be used correct as a bistatic antenna. The maximum PRF (transmit rate) here is 50 KHz. Here the transmitter is triggered by the receiver via an RG58 cable.