Loza M gpr

Geophysical applications on environmental investigation, mineral prospecting, engineering, archaeology, forensics, hydrology...
bushido

Loza M gpr

Post by bushido »

hello, i read about the Loza gpr and technology, the Loza gpr is the only gpr in the word that can operate in clays and in soils with high moisture. The gpr was tested in some researchs and gave accurate results. i want to know if there is anyone who has tested Loza M or Loza V and can confirm the efficiency of this gpr?

MrMister
Silver Member
Silver Member
Top poster of the Month

Re: Loza M gpr

Post by MrMister »

It is not approved for use in US or Canada, and probably every EU country. Spark gap transmitter is too powerful and frequency uncontrolled to meet regulations. Jan Francke has a discussion about it on YouTube though.

bushido

Post by bushido »

Thanks for the information, i watched Jan Francke video about GPR on youtube and according to him, increasing Transmitter power would not give any better results, it's all about hype and marketing techniques.

MrMister
Silver Member
Silver Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by MrMister »

My Sensors & Software Ultra 100 saw 10-12 feet in wet clayey soils, as evidenced by average trace amplitude plots and known reflectors. Would be interesting to try a Loza in similar circumstances. Jan knows what he's talking about, but the Loza cross-sections look pretty convincing too.

bushido

Post by bushido »

there are some researchs published on research gate talking about surveys conducted with Loza V. They conclude that the results were impressive. it's confusing, Jan Francke said that the technology is not convincing and field surveys said that the radar is efficient and gave accurate results. who should i believe?

MrMister
Silver Member
Silver Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by MrMister »

I agree. But for me it's moot as I'll never be able to use it in the US anyway. If the Loza transmitter power is high enough to overcome signal loss in clay (which Jan denies) then I'll promptly get shut down and fined by the suits in white vans with directional antennas on top.