Another mag

Geophysical applications on environmental investigation, mineral prospecting, engineering, archaeology, forensics, hydrology...
Quark Scan Inc.
goldsniffer

Another mag

Post by goldsniffer »

I have an older Scintrex MP3 magnetometer. I am looking for a little assistance. It was non operational when I got it. On disassembly I see one short cable from the pushbutton board disconnected. There is a 12 pin connection point on another board but this cable is a little too short to reach it. Pretty sure that a short cable is missing to connect the two. However the board has traces going to 9 of the 12 pins while the cable only has 8 wires. The original connector may have had a jumper to that pin. No way for me to know.

Is there anyone out there with an MP3 unit that can possibly take a pic of the connections below the LCD? There is a ribbon cable which is connected as it should be and the 12 pin connector with only 8 wires that is not connected. Not a big job to take it apart....10 screws. No disconnections required other than the battery. I tried to paste a pic of the section I am talking about but not sure how to do it.

Thanks for any assistance