4 ERT profiles crossing each other (2D to 3D)

Geophysical applications on environmental investigation, mineral prospecting, engineering, archaeology, forensics, hydrology...
Quark Scan Inc.
cleogeophysics

4 ERT profiles crossing each other (2D to 3D)

Post by cleogeophysics »

Hello everyone,
I am new here and new in the geophysics sphere. :)
For my master thesis I have carried out some 2D ERT measurements to have a look at subsurface patterns in mountain slopes. I have 4 profiles that cross each other (2 vertical profiles and 2 horizontal profiles) to get a good understanding of the slope. I can analyse them without problem in RES2DINV (with topography - each electrode position was measured with a GNSS) but I was wondering if there was a way with a different software to illustrate the crossing of the profiles? I can mark where they cross with an arrow on the pseudosection but I would like for them to cross each other in 3D, if that is possible (so that the two profiles are visible).
Thank you so much!
Kind regards,
A young scientist in the making
Quark Scan Inc. - underground utility locating and geophysical survey services in NJ NY and PA
markg21ca
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: 4 ERT profiles crossing each other (2D to 3D)

Post by markg21ca »

If I understand you correctly, you are looking to visualize a set of 2D sections in 3D. There are many commercial 3D visualization packages out there where you can do this. A few for example include, in no particular order, are: Leapfrog, Geoscience Analyst, Oasis Montaj, etc.
cleogeophysics

Post by cleogeophysics »

markg21ca wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:23 pm If I understand you correctly, you are looking to visualize a set of 2D sections in 3D. There are many commercial 3D visualization packages out there where you can do this. A few for example include, in no particular order, are: Leapfrog, Geoscience Analyst, Oasis Montaj, etc.
I think that is what I am looking for, I will have a look at them. Thank you so much!
99thpercentile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanenorth/

Post by 99thpercentile »

If you have a current license for RES2DINV, it should include limited functionality of RES3DINV that includes merging multiple RES2DINV profiles.
Ryan E. North, PhD, RPG, GISP
Principal Geophysicist
ISC Geoscience
ryan.e.north@iscgeoscience.com