Free seismic data processing software for Windows?

Oil and natural gas exploration -- geology and geophysics
Seismic101
Gold Member
Gold Member

Free seismic data processing software for Windows?

Post by Seismic101 »

Hello there,

are there any *free* seismic data processing software that runs on Windows? I read about SeisLab, but it requires Matlab. I also know I can install Seismic Un*x in a Unix virtual machine on Windows, but I will keep this as my last resort because installing SU isn't easy, and I have to do that for 16 machines in school. I hope you can help.

Thanks in advance.

jeepster
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Free seismic data processing software for Windows?

Post by jeepster »

The nearest thing I can think of is JRG from University of Nevada. It is in java, so runs on Windows. However, it is quite limited. If you want something to demonstrate seismic to first-year students, it might help.

Seismic101
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Seismic101 »

jeepster wrote:The nearest thing I can think of is JRG from University of Nevada. It is in java, so runs on Windows. However, it is quite limited. If you want something to demonstrate seismic to first-year students, it might help.
Yes, this is introductory course to seismic processing, but we would like to include some practical. I will make sure to check it out. Thanks a lot, jeepster!

Seismic101
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Seismic101 »

I found a similar discussion in this forum, here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1779#p5397. Sorry for the duplication :oops: