Change sampling interval (vertical geometry) of horizons in Petrel (or other software)

Oil and natural gas exploration -- geology and geophysics
julbod

Change sampling interval (vertical geometry) of horizons in Petrel (or other software)

Post by julbod »

To all geophysicists using Petrel or similar software,

I have traced horizons in Petrel on radar images with a sampling interval of 1. In order to match the vertical position of other radar images, I have multiplied the sampling interval of the original images by the difference between the two sets of images (which equals to 3.87). This allows me to have two sets of images from different radar systems that have the same vertical position.

However, I'd also like to also change the sampling interval of my traced horizons (from 1 to 3.87), so that they match the new SI of all the radar images.
I can't find this option in Petrel and wondered if anyone out here knew a way to do this (specific tool, option?).

Thanks for your help!

J.

showman

Re: Change sampling interval (vertical geometry) of horizons in Petrel (or other software)

Post by showman »

Isn't a horizon just a single time though? In which case how can you change its vertical sample interval?