Correction of vertical datum in header of SEG-Y files

Oil and natural gas exploration -- geology and geophysics
Quark Scan Inc.
patriciaeo

Correction of vertical datum in header of SEG-Y files

Post by patriciaeo »

Hello,

I have some seismic acquired by ROV, so when I try to open on Seisee, the vertical datum is related to the sensor depth and not to the MSL.

Is there a way of changing this on the SEG-Y files header?
I read something about Location data stanza, and which is where this info should be, but how do I create one? What is this?

Thank you!
Quark Scan Inc. - underground utility locating and geophysical survey services in NJ NY and PA
Marie143
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Correction of vertical datum in header of SEG-Y files

Post by Marie143 »

our siteCan anyone give some opinion about this posting?
GuyM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by GuyM »

Most seismic data processing software allows you to read SEGY data in, change headers, and write it back out.

I've worked with data of that type a long time ago (a US Navy system) where IIRC we essentially treated it the same way you would an elevation correction in land seismic processing; first correcting to a floating (ha!) datum for processing (including NMO correction and so on as there was a streamer) and then shifting to the final datum. Worked pretty well.

We were using GLOBE Claritas at the time.
Marie143
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Marie143 »

GuyM wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:22 am Most seismic data processing software allows you to read SEGY data in, change headers, and write it back out.capital gains tax

I've worked with data of that type a long time ago (a US Navy system) where IIRC we essentially treated it the same way you would an elevation correction in land seismic processing; first correcting to a floating (ha!) datum for processing (including NMO correction and so on as there was a streamer) and then shifting to the final datum.point of sale Worked pretty well.

We were using GLOBE Claritas at the time.
Got it. Thank you so much. I really appreciate this..
georgesmith

Post by georgesmith »

SEG-Y files contain a binary header, which stores information about the data contained in the file. Depending on what specifically you would like to change in the header, there are different methods to do so.

If you are looking to change information such as the recording date or instrument used, you may be able to do so using a specialized software or programming library. tree removal near me

It is important to note that modifying the header information may cause the file to become incompatible with other software that uses the SEG-Y format. Before making any changes, it is recommended to make a backup copy of the original file.