Affordable Ground Penetrating Radar Complete!

Anything about geophysics: Solid earth geophysics, Seismology, Plate tectonics, Atmosphere physics...
kharrar

Affordable Ground Penetrating Radar Complete!

Post by kharrar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Well after another year and a lot of work have a unit field tested and ready to sell. Have found many dumps, trash pits and privies. I have relocated to the Augusta Georgia area and have a pit to dig on Saturday that I found with the radar.

The image you see is a slice of the ground. Depth is determined by type of soil. Here in Aiken I can easily see 10-12 feet down. This unit operates with a center frequency of 500MHz; will have a 250MHz unit done soon. Files can be saved in .sgy and active filtering is provided in the software.

First picture is unit by itself can be dragged across the ground, second is cart system ready to use, third is cart system collapsed for storage/transporting, forth image is privy "1880 outhouse" seen through 3 inches of asphalt, last image is one of the bottles found in the pit "only known example of J.M. Wilkins Grocer Tucson A.T." ARIZONA TERRITORY!!!!

My site is http://www.easyradusa.com , trying very hard to reduce the price to under $4000 so as many people as possible can have a chance to try real ground radar. Happy New Year to all. Karl in Aiken SC
Attachments
DSC01567.JPG
IMG_3519.JPG
IMG_3523.JPG
IMG_3533.JPG
IMG_3494.JPG

geophix
VIP Member

Re: Affordable Ground Penetrating Radar Complete!

Post by geophix » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Congratulations! It's certainly the GPR with lowest cost! The hardware looks great and I would love to see more data examples.

Simon
VIP Member

Post by Simon » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:43 pm

A piece of advice -- targeting on the underground utility locating market, it's the single largest market for GPR. For this market, you got to have a rugged monitor for it, a laptop is not the answer.

kharrar

Post by kharrar » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:20 pm

That is a Panasonic Toughbook it is very, very rugged......

nsgeodan

Post by nsgeodan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:09 pm

Really smart. Loving the matte black. I like how it folds up too. It is just ultra portable. That'd go into anyones car boot / van with ease.

I've checked the website and it looks promising - but more data examples would be ideal. I'm thinking concrete reinforcement, clandestine burials, utility detection... Market that and these will sell like hot cakes.

$4000 (£2800) is dirt cheap. Depending on the company you could make that back in one or two jobs.

On a side note, I prefer a keyboard to a tablet (I use the GSSI UtilityScan DF a lot). It just makes life easier. That being said, even though it is weather proof I wouldn't trust it in some of the conditions that I work in.

brianholder

Post by brianholder » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:01 pm

This is a great find. I'm surprised I haven't seen this unit sooner. I'm most familiar with Mala and Sensors & Software. I'd love to check it out if you are ever visiting the Philadelphia, PA area!
Brian J. Holder / President
Utility Locator, LLC

Toll Free 1-888-232-5959
https://www.utilitylocator.net