how can I import gpr data to voxler?

Geophysical applications on environmental investigation, engineering, archaeology, forensics, hydrology...
mouhamed
Silver Member

Post by mouhamed » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:57 pm

geophix
VIP Member

Re: how can I import gpr data to voxler?

Post by geophix » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:29 pm

This is a too big question without details. I think Voxler can import some types of GPR data files directly, but not others. You probably have to look at the manuas of your Voxler version. If it doesn't import your data directly, you have to figure out a way to convert the data format to one of its formats accepted such as xyzc or segy formats.

GPRUkraine
Silver Member

Post by GPRUkraine » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:16 am

save your file in excel format X, Y, Z. point--amplitude--coordinate
you need Z-attribute -- GPS coordinates
GPR for mining www.gpr-team.com

gmradar
VIP Member

Post by gmradar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:52 am

Export your GPR data as excel file and all problems solved.
GM Radars,
www.gmradar.com
The reliable Geo Supplier.

zogretmen61

Post by zogretmen61 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:50 am

geophix wrote:This is a too big question without details. I think Voxler can import some types of GPR data files directly, but not others. You probably have to look at the manuas of your Voxler version. If it doesn't import your data directly, you have to figure out a way to convert the data format to one of its formats accepted such as xyzc or segy formats.
Hello, I have a questioı about this subject. My GPR data sizes are too large. There are 1 millions data for only one proflies. How do I read my data in this case?

geophix
VIP Member

Post by geophix » Thu May 25, 2017 12:03 pm

I am not sure Voxler can handle big volume of GPR data. I think it's not designed for that. Maybe you can have a better luck with Radan or GPR Slice.

Mahmoud Elsaid

Post by Mahmoud Elsaid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:15 pm

follow these steps (reflexw to voxler):
1- Apply the suitable processing steps on GPR data, this may include: Static time correction, xfilipping, dewowing, background removal, butterwurth bandpass filtering, migration ...
2- Edit the profiles header using File>Edit several header: this step is vital where the geometry of gpr profiles should be identified.
3- Open reflexw 3D module and create a 3D file using tge processed 2D profiles.
4- Export the 3D reflexw data to Ascii 3D file type (remember to select the checkbox of depth based on the determined velocity of GPR signal). The exported file is a four columns ascii file (X, Y, TWTT, DEPTH, AMPLITUDE).
5- Generally, you can not manibulate this huge data using excel sheet due to the limitation of number of rows. So, the golden software surfer data sheet is a better choice.
import the ascii 3D file in surfer and multiply depth column b ( -1 ), then save the file as *.dat file formate.
6- Open the *.dat file with Voxler. Simply choose X, Y, Depth as geometry, and amplitude as the voxel value. apply gridding then represent your data with various voxler data visualization tools likr face renders, isosurfaces, volume reders, ... etc.

Mahmoud Elsaid

Post by Mahmoud Elsaid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:20 pm

:)